Vintage and Classic Motorcycle Restorations
Manx Norton 30m Replica Built in 2002
WE ARE NOW TAKING BOOKINGS FOR SPRING 2013
Motorcycles have always been my passion. Starting with a stripped down Puch Maxi moped I scambled around a patch of ground until I fell off (often), ran out of petrol or the police turned up! My efforts often resulting in near death scrapes with solid objects, lots of cuts and bruising and being chased by the local mad dog that growled and snapped at my feet. As a result I learned to stay upright and how to throw Bonio dog biscuits whilst dodging pot holes and the boys in blue. Happy days.
I also learned how to keep my bikes going and then how to make them go faster. As a result I started to spanner my friends bikes, both road and race.
JAL Motorcycle Restorations Ltd was founded in 2009 and offers a personalised motorcycle care, restoration and repair service for both race and road going motorcycles built before 1989. We also offer a bespoke motorcycle build service for classic racing or road use.
We can offer part or full restorations regardless of condition or make or model. Top priority for us it to deliver motorcycles that meet the exact requirements of our customers therefore we are happy to advise what type of restoration best suits the intended use of your motorcycle;-
- "Show" quality elegance using stainless components, perfect paint, chrome, casting and casing refinishing using vapour blasting and alloy polishing.
- Sympathetic restorations for motorcycles were originality is key; retooling and replating of original fastners, traditional stove enamelling, brushed finished cases, traditional wheel building with galvanised spokes and chrome on brass nipples etc.
- Or top quality restorations for road or track employing the very latest thinking; modern cam forms, modern porting, multi angle valve seats, carbs and low power digital ignitions ensuring reliability and performance.
We are also happy to recommission motorcycles that have been in long term storage or prepare motorcycles for storage. And we undertake all of the normal repair and maintenance services for your classic motorcycle.
Services we provide;-
- Engine and gearbox rebuilding.
- Chassis modification and restoration work.
- Blasting Services - Vapour or grit.
- Powder coating and wet spray enamel.
- Stunning paintwork to original or race schemes.
- Chrome plating (only undertaken as part of a restoration).
- Electrical work including full rewires. Either harness replacement or new harnesses built from scratch for your special either single or dual circuit for certain types of racing.
- Race quality assembly of all motorcycles regardless of their intended use.
We also have a reputation for building race engineered specials be they Norton, Triumph, AMC, Seeley, Honda CR's or Suzuki TR or Harris framed bikes; Magnums, F1 or XR69 for either street and track use. In fact we can build just about anything you like.
Harris Magnum 1 built in 2006 for Classic Endurance Racing
Our work and builds speak for themselves and are amongst the most photographed and always draw a crowd in the race paddock or outside your local. Please visit our galleries to view just a small cross section of motorcycles that we have either restored or built from the ground up.
Delivery and Collection Service.
JAL Restorations offer our clients a motorcycle collection and delivery service in the UK only. We offer a free local collection and delivery services within a 20 mile radius. All other locations by negiotiated price please call for a quote. Or you can deliver the bike yourself!